Title: Wrath of Mulgarath
Author: Holly Black
Finished: February 8, 2009
Challenges: Book to Movie Challenge, 999 Challenge, 50/100+ Challenge, Book vs. Movie Challenge
The end of the Spiderwick Chronicles series. After rescuing their sister, the twins return home to find their mother missing and realize that their only way of survival is to face Mulgarath, retrieve the field guide and make nice with the elves.
I thought it was a very good send to the series, so now I can watch the movie and make my comparisons.
I found a new one. I finally made the jump and got a new library card after probably ten or more years of not having one. Despite having such a huge TBR list, I can’t afford to keep buying new books but don’t own a lot that I want to read. Library is the answer.
I’m going to choose the first option, to read 12 books from my local library in 2009.
- One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell
- Spiderwick Chronicles: The Field Guide by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi
- Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers by Louise Rennison
- The Witches by Roald Dahl
- The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
- If You Want to Write by Brenda Ueland
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- Spiderwick Chronicles: The Seeing Stone by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi
- Spiderwick Chronicles: Lucinda’s Secret by Holly Black
- Spiderwick Chronicles: The Ironwood Tree by Holly Black
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis
- Startled by His Furry Shorts by Louise Rennison
CHALLENGE COMPLETED FEBRUARY 8, 2009!
Title: The Chronicles of Narnia – The Magician’s Nephew
Author: C.S. Lewis
Finished: February 7, 2009
Challenges: Decades Challenge, 999 Challenge, 50/100+ Challenge, Support Your Local Library, New Authors Challemge, 1st in Series Challenge
The first in the series, and while not made into a movie, this was a very enjoyable start to the adventures of Narnia. I liked reading about how Narnia came to be and how the foundations were built. It’s interesting reading about the alternative form of traveling to the other worlds/dimensions that you don’t hear about when watching the movie.
I also love how Lewis ties the story directly into The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, with the creation of the wardrobe by the tree.
Title: The Ironwood Tree
Author: Holly Black
Finished: February 4, 2009
Challenges: 999 Challenge, 50/100+ Challenge, Support Your Local Library Challenge
The adventure continues when the kids encounter more elves and goblins while trying to find out what happened to the field guide. When their sister disappears, the twins have to come up with a plan to get her back, not knowing that they’re leaving the rest of their family in harms way.