I don’t feel like I accomplished much of what I wanted this month, but it does seem like I read more than I thought until the past couple weeks.
- C is for Corpse by Sue Grafton (from TBR)
- Lucinda’s Secret by Holly Black
- The Ironwood Tree by Holly Black
- Chronicles of Narnia: Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis
- Started By His Furry Shorts by Louise Rennison
- The Wrath of Mulgarath by Holly Black
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Have You Seen…? by David Thomson
- Persepolis 2 by Marjane Satrapi
- A Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley (from TBR)
- Love is a Many Trousered Thing by Louise Rennison
- Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
Books Added to Shelves:
- Revolutionary Road
- Run For Your Life by James Patterson
- Secret Diary of a Call Girl
- Cinematherapy for Lovers
Challenges Finished (1) – Support Your Local Library Challenge
I now have 167 books on the TBR. That is three more than last month and I only read two books from my TBR list this past month compared to 4 in January. My goal for March will be 6 books off the TBR and finished the Winter Reading Challenge.
Trying to keep in tune with last month and Pop Culture Junkie‘s great idea of listing movies viewed as well as book, here’s this month’s list. I don’t think I watched as much as January but we’ll see.
My favorite movies of the month:
- Slumdog Millionaire – Oscar winning film. A must see for everyone.
- Frost/Nixon – Oscar nominated film, amazing portrayal of Nixon and his interviews with Frost.
- The Nanny Express – a Lifetime movie with Vanessa Marcil, very cute and fun.
- Friday the 13th (2009) – A remake of sorts of the original Jason film. A different take but still very very interesting if you like scary movies.
- He’s Just Not That Into You – The ultimate girl flick, with lots of humor, happiness, and rejection.
- Quills – An older Kate Winslet movie about the Marquis de Sade, very interesting to watch.
- My Best Friend’s Girl – Another chick flick with Kate Hudson and Dane Cook, very funny.
- Leon the Professional – an older French film about a hit man who takes in a little girl after her family is killed.
All other movies I watched:
- Letters from Iwo Jima
- A Thousand Acres
- Coach Carter
- Star Wars; Revenge of the Sith
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
- The Sopranos: Season 4
- Mamma Mia!
- The Queen
- Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
- Michael Collins
- The Fever
- Grand Hotel
- Driving Miss Daisy
- The Univited
- She’s the One
- Lakeview Terrace
- Batman Returns
- Broadcast News
- Pride and Glory
- In Bruges
- You Can’t Take It With You
- Friday the 13th: Part 2
- Friday the 13th
- The Fifth Element
You can read my reviews and all other updates on movies at my blog Screaming For My Love.
The notice just went up about this challenge that will be starting March 20 and ending June 20. You can find out all the details at Callapidder Days.
My Goal – 10 Books
- Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris – FINISHED MAR 28, 2009
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd – FINISHED APR 3, 2009
- Knit Two by Kate Jacobs – FINISHED APR 13, 2009
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld – FINISHED JUNE 9, 2009
- Roses Are Red by James Patterson – FINISHED MAR 31, 2009
- Fool by Christopher Moore – FINISHED MAR 30, 2009
- The Notebook by Nicolas Sparks – FINISHED APR 4, 2009
- Four to Score by Janet Evanovich – FINISHED APR 23, 2009
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen – FINISHED APR 27, 2009
- The Dirty Secrets Club by Meg Gardiner – FINISHED MAY 12, 2009
This is a set list and nothing will change between now and the end of the challenge.