It’s been a long month, but I’ve felt like I got some good quality reading in. I’ve finished a couple more challenges and my nighstand is aquiring more in depth books in addition to the fun ones of the summer. I didn’t read as much compared to last month, but it was still good.
I finished 13 books, most recently Fried Green Tomatoes at the Wistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg (review to come). I took two vacations in the past couple weeks which added to my reading. I anticipate maybe only being able to finish my current book, Atonement by Ian McEwan, before the months end.
Currently on my nightstand for June:
- Four Blind Mice by James Patterson
- D is for Deadbeat by Sue Grafton
- Transforming Grace by Jerry Bridges
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (Spring Reading Thing)
- Club Dead by Charlaine Harris (Love Bites Challenge)
- Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris (Love Bites Challenge)
- High Five by Janet Evanovich
- Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
- The Shack by William P. Young
Of course, I probably won’t finish them all, and add in even more. Considering what I anticipated for May, I think my June goals and list will be better kept to plan considering the ending of a couple challenges.
Title: Size 12 is Not Fat
Author: Meg Cabot
Finished: May 17, 2009
A great new mystery series that is just as fun and humorous as intriguing and mysterious. I was actually a little shocked by who the killer was. It took some time to get into for me so I will probably wait a bit to check out the sequel.
This was a fun book that came highly recommended in the reading world for the summer. Heather Wells is a former teen pop singer but when she decides she wants to become more independent she’s kicked from the label and her mom runs away with all her money forcing Heather to get a real job.
Now girls are dying in her dorm and the only one who believes it’s murder is Heather.
It’s a different kind of mystery than I’m used to reading but I still had fun and look forward to the next couple editions.
Challenges: 100+ Challenge, Countdown Challenge, New Authors Challenge, 1st in Series Challenge, 999×2 Challenge
Other Reviews: Reads for Pleasure