Lucky #7 will be my last post for the festivities. My official wrap-up post will be done tomorrow. I’m just too exhausted to complete everything and feel like had I had more time I would have accomplished more in regards to my movie reviews, but since I have that organized I will probably continue to do quick groupings and get a chunk knocked off.
That being said, I did get some more accomplished in my last hour.
- officially signed up for the Sookie Stackhouse Challenge, with some of my own rules
- created a new event at my other blog – Baking 101
- cleaned up my starred items in google reader – pretty much all that’s left are articles involving True Blood and I’m too tired to read them all
- rejoined the Weekly Geek group - here
- participated in Beth Fish Reads mini-challenge for creating a post for later publishing – that will probably be up tomorrow involving another new challenge
I think that’s all for the night. I’ll do a full roundup in the morning. Had lots of fun.
This week’s Weekly Geeks topic was suggested by Sheri of A Novel Menagerie. She writes:
“Reading Challenges: a help or a hurt? Do you find that the reading challenges keep you organized and goal-oriented? Or, do you find that as you near the end of a challenge that you’ve failed because you fell short of your original goals? As a result of some reading challenges, I’ve picked up books that I would have otherwise never heard of or picked up; that, frankly, I have loved. Have you experienced the same with challenges? If so, which ones? Do you have favorite reading challenges?”
I figure it’s about time I got back into this weekly event and what a perfect way. I LOVE READING CHALLENGES. They help and they hurt, only because I find I have to keep up with my reading and set my schedule much more than ever before. I have to be very organized if I’m going to to accomplish the reading I set out to do. I am now more goal-oriented in my reading and while I still have plenty of books that are unscheduled and on a whim, I still find I stick close to the original. Since I still consider myself a newby to challenges, I wasn’t as let down when I didn’t finish a couple challenges last year, but it helped me realize more how to change my goals in the future.
I have a lot of favorite challenges. This year it’s been the Countdown Challenge, the 999 Challenge (or 999×2) and the Vampire/Love Bites Challenges. The last two specifically helped introduce me to Sookie Stackhouse and is now my new favorite over Stephanie Plum, if you can imagine. I only join challenges I enjoy because that motivates my reading more. While some other challenges look interesting, I can tell I won’t enjoy them as much or the reading so I avoid them. Maybe next year I will step out of the box.
In a short amount of time I got a lot of little things done. I have found that this has given me a chance to make my blog a little more active and eventually eventful.
In the past hour I:
- updated my LibraryThing reviews
- Added a currently reading and up next box to my sidebar
- Added a weekly events box to the sidebar to be updated soon
- Wrote a new post to publish another day involving a new perpetual challenge I created for myself
- updated a key page (my TBR list) to look more alphabetized and organized
I’m heading back home so by the end of the challenge I hope to:
- decide whether or not I want to join the Sookie Stackhouse challenge
- create a baking post that will reoccur on my personal blog
- review Lipstick Jungle: Season 2 and Dexter: Season 2
- review at least 10 new releases and at least some of my January 09 viewings
- go through starred items on google reader
After taking another long hiatus, I’m hoping to get a bunch of bloggiesta time in. I just finished with updating book reviews.
- All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris
- Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
I also updated all my challenges that these pertain to.
I think next up, I’m going to add a couple little features to my blog or additions to the sidebar. I haven’t participated in Weekly Geeks in awhile but this week is about challenges so I thought I would jump back on the bandwagon. I also have a long starred in my google reader (31) so I’m going to try and go through some of that.
Then it’s back to some movie reviews. Yippee!