As if one summer reading challenge wasn’t enough, I decided to join another one. Pretty much all the books listed are ones that have been on my nightstand for awhile and/or are for other challenges that end in September or early October. I know it’s kind of cheating but with the possibility of a new job starting soon my reading time may soon become limited.
Making my own rule, this list will not be changing. What’s the fun in having such flexibility? The challenge runs from June 21, 09 – September 21, 09 and hosted by A Summer Daydreamer Reads.
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden – AUGUST 23, 09
- The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
- Run For Your Life by James Patterson – AUGUST 8, 09
- Four Blind Mice by James Patterson – AUGUST 1, 09
- Big Bad Wolf by James Patterson – SEPTEMBER 1, 09
- Spook by Mary Roach
- High Five by Janet Evanovich – SEPTEMBER 18, 09
- The Shack by William P. Young
- D is for Deadbeat by Sue Grafton – SEPTEMBER 21, 09
- Secrets of the Morning by V.C. Andrews
I haven’t had a chance until now to do my wrap up post for this weekends BLOGGIESTA! It has been a busy couple of days but I’m finally getting around it.
My biggest goal was to write some movie reviews and catch up. While I wrote 18 reviews of movies and TV shows, it was nowhere near close to what I wanted to write. I can’t imagine how many I had to write but I never realized how long it would take to write them and how bored I may get doing so.
Overall I completed:
- Movie/TV Reviews: 18
- Book Reviews: 2
- Mini-Challenges: 3 (Bookish Ruth, Book Lady, Beth Fish Reads)
- Updated challenge pages for 2 reviews
- Updated my LibraryThing reviews
- Added a currently reading and up next box to my sidebar
- Added a weekly events box to the sidebar to be updated soon
- Wrote a new post to publish another day involving a new perpetual challenge I created for myself
- Updated a key page (my TBR list) to look more alphabetized and organized
- Officially signed up for the Sookie Stackhouse Challenge, with some of my own rules
- Created a new event at my other blog – Baking 101
- Cleaned up my starred items in google reader – pretty much all that’s left are articles involving True Blood and I’m too tired to read them all
- Rejoined the Weekly Geek group – here
It feels like a lot and a little all at the same time. I’m always pretty on top of things with my book blog so it was more for fun. I think I only spent about 8 hours or so playing around with things so not nearly as much time as other people. Hopefully next time I will be more prepared.
It’s Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event to list the books completed last week, the books currently being reading, and the books to be finish this week.
A slow reading week despite having plenty of time to read. I did get what I wanted accomplished so I’m happy about that. I’m looking forward to my next few reads this week because they’re a long time coming.
Read Last Week:
Reading This Week:
- Take Your Shirt Off and Cry by Nancy Balbirer
- The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
- Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis
- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis
- The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
- The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis