I absolutely loved this challenge! I can’t wait for the next year. It forced me to pay more attention to what I was reading and the years. I’m always behind on my years, which means I still have plenty of catching up to do, but hopefully at some point it will all merge comfortably.
Lists of Books Read:
Title: The Noticer
Author: Andy Andrews
Finished: August 18, 2009
My first book for the book club I joined at work. A 2009 release, very motivational and empowering.
The book is a set of short adventures that revolve around people who live in the same town. A man, Jones, has a special gift of noticing things about people they would never notice. He meets Andy and shows him the path and opens his eyes to the future he could have if he only changed his way of thinking.
It was a very quick read, very enjoyable, and enlightening to read. Helped me see and think differently about how I may pursue things in the future, or to be more aware of situations and surroundings.
*Challenges: 2009 Pub Challenge, 999 Challenge, 100+ Challenge, Countdown Challenge, New Author Challenge, RYOB Challenge, Christmas in July, August Reading Challenge
My Cozy Book Nook hosted this challenge, and I found myself having a difficult time getting through the books, or getting excited with all my other reading. Either way, for the first time I’ve substituted an alternative to complete the challenge because I just don’t think I will finish Gone With the Wind before the deadline of September 7.
- Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier – JUNE 20, 09
- Atonement by Ian McEwan – JUNE 1, 09
- Five Days in Paris by Danielle Steel – AUGUST 4, 09
- Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistlestop Cafe by Fannie Flagg – MAY 27, 09
- A River Runs Through It and Other Stories by Norman Maclean (non-crossover book) – JULY 21, 09
- Club Dead by Charlaine Harris – JUNE 4, 09
I did enjoy all the books and was glad I had a chance to read them. I’m not giving up on GWTW, I’m just taking it slower than I imagined.
Well, what can I say. I wasn’t as productive as I had hoped. I checked off four books from my list, plus two library books. I’m going to end up getting through a lot of the books before the end of the month (hopefully). I started a new job after 7 months of unemployment so my reading time has been cut down considerably.
Either way, I feel more productive, the nightstand pile is shrinking, and most of what is left are James Patterson books, which take maybe 2 days each to read. My odds are high, but my time is limited.
To Read in September:
- Big Bad Wolf (999 Challenge)
- London Bridges (999 Challenge)
- Mary Mary (999 Challenge/Countdown Challenge)
- Cross (999 Challenge)
- Double Cross (999 Challenge)
- Lady Chatterley’s Lover (Decades Challenge)
- Roxana (Daniel Defoe Challenge)
- The English Patient (Summer Reading Challenge)
- Spook (Summer Reading Challenge)
- High Five (Summer Reading Challenge)
- The Shack (Summer Reading Challenge)
- D is for Deadbeat (Summer Reading Challenge)
- Secrets of the Morning (Summer Reading Challenge)
Gone With the Wind is still currently in progress, but has been bumped off the emergency read list because I swapped in an alternative so I could count that challenge as finished – but I will continue to read it for the 1% Reading Challenge and others.
Long list still …. Good thing is after this batch of September challenges, my reading should calm down some, I’ll be reading more classics and longer books, and hopefully having less stress in completing them.