January 1 – December 31, 2011
- ** Pick 12 books – one for each month of the year - that you’ve been wanting to read (that have been on your “To Be Read” list) for 6 months or longer, but haven’t gotten around to.
- ** OPTIONAL: Create a list of 12 “Alternates” (books you could substitute for your challenge books, given that a particular one doesn’t grab you at the time)
- By the end of the year you should’ve knocked 12 books off of your TBR list!
You can read additional rules on the challenge post.
I just finalized my list using books from last years challenge and a few others that I didn’t get around to. I also made my alternatives books I know I will be reading regardless but have the extra challenge of making sure those 12 are not my entire challenge. This year my goal is to read all 24!
- Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates
- Four Past Midnight by Stephen King
- Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
- Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- A Mighty Heart by Mariane Pearl
- Rhett Butler’s People
- Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire
- Spook by Mary Roach
- Bonk by Mary Roach
- Crime and Punishment
- It by Stephen King
- House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
- G is for Gumshore by Sue Grafton
- The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen
- Undead and Unwed
- Rainwater by Sandra Brown
- Tough Customer by Sandra Brown
- Rapture in Death by J.D. Robb
- Live to Tell by Lisa Gardner
- Cougar Club by Susan McBride
- Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
- Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortensen