Title: All Together Now – Volume 1
Author: Alan Ball
Finished: September 19, 2011
Format: First Edition
Even before I read this, I had already purchased and read the graphic novels individually, but it was fun to re-read in order and gain the full experience.
The great part of the new graphic novel series is that you get more stories about the show than they can portray on air. In this particular adventure, Sookie and friends are stuck inside Merlotte’s with a demon who feeds off other people’s greatest secrets.
In order to survive, the group has to share their deepest & darkest with those around them.
I look forward to seeing what the next volume has in store.
*challenges: countdown challenge, 11 in 11 reading challenge, 100+ reading challenge, pub challenge, monthly mixup
Loved this challenge. It was easy and hard at the same time. I really needed to read books off my own shelf but I kept getting library books. Looking forward to this one again next year.
- The Secret in the Old Attic by Carolyn Keene
- The Clue in the Crumbling Wall by Carolyn Keene
- The Mystery of the Tolling Bell by Carolyn Keene
- Casino Royale by Ian Fleming
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- Badass by Shannen Doherty
- Me by Ricky Martin
- The Curious Incident of Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon
- Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi
- Clue in the Old Album by Carolyn Keene
- From a Buick 8 by Stephen King
- Life by Keith Richards
- Crush It! by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Postcard Killers by James Patterson
- Love, Lust & Faking It by Jenny McCarthy
- The Sherlockian by Jenny McCarthy
- Don’t Blink by James Patterson
- Pride & Prejudice & Zombies: Graphic Novel adapted by Tony Lee
- Walking Dead: Days Gone Bye by Robert Kirkman
- The Ghost of Blackwood Hall by Carolyn Keene
- The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett
- The Secret of the Wooden Lady by Carolyn Keene
- The Mystery at the Ski Jump by Carolyn Keene
- The Clue of the Velvet Mask by Carolyn Keene
- Troublemaker 2 by Janet Evanovich
- The Scarlet Slipper Mystery by Carolyn Keene
- Toys by James Patterson
- The Walking Dead: Volume 2 by Robert Kirkman
- The Walking Dead: Volume 3 by Robert Kirkman
- The Walking Dead: Volume 4 by Robert Kirkman
Title: The Walking Dead
Author: Robert Kirkman
Finished: September 2 – October 15, 2011
Instead of writing 14 reviews for the individual volumes, I thought I would give me overview so far of the series. I read most of it back to back and it seems fitting to write this review as I’m watching the Walking Dead Season 1 Marathon on AMC right now before Season 2 premieres tonight.
Not only to compare the first and second season to the first two volumes, but I couldn’t help continuing to read volume after volume to find out what happens to the group. If anything, this is the first time I’ve read a series where the unexpected can literally happen without notice. Just because you think it would be crazy to do something or thing it impossible and crazy, that is exactly what they would do.
This series of graphic novels is very interesting, intriguing and full of twists and turns. I can’t wait to find out what happens next.
*challenges: countdown challenge, 100+ reading challenge, support your local library challenge, 11 in 11 reading challenge
Other Reviews: Reading With Tequila