This was a crazy reading year! I’m happy to have finished these challenges and look forward to what 2013 has in store for my reading.
Finishing the Series Challenge
My goal was to finish three or more series. I managed to get caught up with four of the five series I had listed. I consider that a success.
Rizzoli & Isles Reading Challenge
I think there have been a couple new books since I created this list, but the original list is complete. Yahoo!
Mystery & Suspense Challenge
Always one of my favorite challenges. I could have kept going but it was nice to finish at 24. I can definitely see the trend of who my most popular authors are.
Support Your Local Library Challenge
I tried to keep my library books to a minimum this year so that I would focus more on the books on my shelf that have been stacking up. 12 was the perfect number.
Read Your Own Books Challenge
My goal was the read 50 of my own books. I tried to focus on books I’ve had for awhile but I know that there were some brand new ones. I hope to continue increasing the number of my own books read each year.
New Authors Challenge
My goal was 15 and I made it well past that. I love finding new authors and getting recommendations from others. Can’t wait to see who I find this year.
Serial Killers Reading Challenge
This was a fun one. I only read a couple books off my wish list and of course it just shows how much James Patterson I really read. I don’t know if this one is going on in 2013 but it would be fun to join in again.
It’s been a whirlwind of a spring, summer and start to fall.
First off, I’ve still be reading. That’s the good news.
Second, I am extremely behind on my reviews but I’ve been keeping track of where I am at with challenges and wanted to hopefully work through getting a little bit more updated.
Third, I am looking to start up a new website (with a new blog) that won’t be so much reviews and challenges, but more about everything – life, work, books, writing, etc. Once that is up an running I will post the new link.
I’ll get going on updating my challenges and post an update. Reviews coming soon but will probably be short and sweet.
Hosted By: Socrates Book Reviews
January 1 – December 31, 2012
I fell in love with Rizzoli & Isles when the TV series started and then couldn’t put down the first three books. I’ve been wanting to continue on and this is the perfect challenge!
- The Surgeon - read prior
- The Apprentice – read prior
- The Sinner – read prior
- Body Double – may 20, 2012
- Vanish – november 3, 2012
- The Mephisto Club – november 12, 2012
- The Keepsake – november 21, 012
- Ice Cold – november 24, 2012
- The Silent Girl – december 10, 2012
Hosted By: The Book Garden
January 1 - December 31, 2012
I’ve been wanting to read some Dean Koontz for awhile … mainly the Odd Thomas and Frankenstein series. This is a great way to get started. I’m going to stick with the Odd Thomas’ Mailman level and commit to 3 books.
Odd is on Our Side – december 15, 2012
Hosted By: Book Chick City
January 1 – December 31, 2012
I loved this challenge in 2012 and I know I’ll be reading my share of mysteries this year so I’m going to be bold and go with Level 2 – 24 Mystery & Suspense Books. Can’t wait to get started.
- Witness in Death by J.D. Robb
- Judgment in Death by J.D. Robb
- Sizzlin’ Sixteen by Janet Evanovich
- Max by James Patterson
- Private by James Patterson
- Heat Rises by Richard Castle
- Now You See Her by James Patterson
- Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson
- Body Double by Tess Gerritsen
- 11th Hour by James Patterson
- Betrayal in Death by J.D. Robb
- Smokin’ Seventeen by Janet Evanovich
- Maximum Ride: Volume 1 by James Patterson
- Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
- Bared to You by Sylvia Day
- Interlude in Death by J.D. Robb
- Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Private #1 Suspect by James Patterson
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Tick Tock by James Patterson
- Seduction in Death by J.D. Robb
- Vanish by Tess Gerritsen
- Mephisto Club by Tess Gerritsen
- It by Stephen King