If you are anything like me your stack of purchased to-be-read books is teetering over. So for this challenge we would be reading 5 books that we have already purchased, have been meaning to get to, have been sitting on the nightstand and haven’t read before. No going out and buying new books. No getting sidetracked by the lure of the holiday bookstore displays.
The bonus would be that we would finally get to some of those titles (you know you picked them for a reason!) and we wouldn’t be spending any extra money over the holidays.
The time frame would be Nov. 1st until Jan. 30 and there will be some small, fun prizes awarded to random participants and/or those with clever review posts.
What do you think? Sound good? Just sign up and spread the word. Please post your list of books on your blog. If you don’t have a blog or just want to share, you can post them in the comments here. Thanks!
I don’t think this one will be too hard. I have a lot to read to finish up other challenges.
Here is my tentative list. I’ll cross them off as I go along.
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseni – finished NOVEMBER 14, 2008
- The Lake House by James Patterson – finished NOVEMBER 19, 2008
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold – finished NOVEMBER 28, 2008
- Away Laughing on a Fast Camel by Louise Rennison – finished NOVEMBER 29, 2008
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling – finished DECEMBER 7, 2008