So … I didn’t make it 24 hours, I had high hopes this time around, but by hour 21 I was ready to throw in the towel. I figured it was better than doing as some and re-reading the same page over and over until the time ran out. I think at 3am it’s hard for any book to be so interesting that you have to keep reading.
First off – the End Event Meme:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 21, my quitting hour
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? The Georgia Nicholson series was great last year and graphic novels for me this year were great.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I think it was awesome. Someone made the suggestion of a complete list of books people read the previous year and that could be fun and helpful for first timers.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I loved the twitter feed, it helped me interact with other readers in real time and not just when they were updating their blogs.
5. How many books did you read? A total of 7 with half of another completed before I quit (one book was already in progress and almost finished)
6. What were the names of the books you read? James and the Giant Peach, 300, Love Letters of Great Men, The Pillars of the Earth, 30 Days of Night, Letters to a Young Poet, and Ellen Foster.
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Love Letters of Great Men and Pillars of the Earth was enjoyable just to be able to say I finally finished it.
8. Which did you enjoy least? I liked them all but if I had to choose, 30 Days of Night
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? N/A
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will be there with a revised plan on how to function. Maybe I’ll take a nap like some to renew energy, but I would be a reader first and foremost, but the cheering along the way is pretty awesome too.
It will take some time before all my reviews are posted, probably into tomorrow for sure. I am also going to do like some and go back through the reader list and try and visit everyone’s pages that I missed. With almost 200 readers, it could take awhile.
My FINAL STATS:
- Books Read – 7, including one already in progress
- Pages Read – 1,177 pages
- Hours Spent Reading – 16 1/2 hours
- Mini-Challenges Completed – 9
- Prizes Won – 1
I increased all my stats from last year which was actually pretty shocking. Between the two I will probably set a goal for myself for sure next time around, probably somewhere in between. 7 books seems daunting now that I look at it.
Special thanks to all my visitors and cheerleaders, anyone who commented and helped motivate me. THANKS! You guys ROCK!