Title: As Man Thinketh
Author: James Allen
Finished: September 11, 2009
For our sales meeting this morning, we listened to an audio version of this amazing book by Allen, As Man Thinketh, and while old and for some out of date, the concept is perfect for everyday life.
The premise is that man is controlled by his thoughts, not just his circumstances. There are many great ideas and quotes that I gathered from just listening to the book, which is almost more a speech than anything else.
Just a few:
- Act is the blossom of thought
- Circumstance does not make the man, it reveals itself
- Man cannot choose his circumstance, but can choose thoughts
- Thoughts of doubt and fear never accomplish anything
- Can only rise, conquer , and achieve by lifting thoughts
- Dreamers are saviors of the world
- Calmness is power
- Peace. Be still.
I may find myself a hard copy of this in addition to the audio version to compare and reflect upon.