This month is hosted by One Persons Journey through a world of Books.
1. Must Be A Novel. Works of fiction only, please. Memoirs, non-fiction, how-to books, and Garfield collections don’t count.
2. Memoirs Aren’t Novels. No matter how made up the story, anything ostensibly true isn’t a novel. Also known as The James Frey Rule.
3. Start and Finish in February.
4. Re-reading Doesn’t Count. Try something new. Read something by your favorite author or try an entirely new author or tackle that novel you have always wanted to read.
5. Have Fun. Nobody is grading you or paying you or judging you. Read what you like and like what you read.
I had a lot of fun participating in March’s challenge. I aimed a little too high for my book count so this month my goal is to read 1 more book than March – making my number for April lucky number 7. This shouldn’t be too difficult being that the read-a-thon is happening this weekend. If I’m lucky I will hit 10 for the month.
- The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Day I Shot Cupid by Jennifer Love Hewitt
- The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keene
- The Bungalow Mystery by Carolyn Keene
- The Mystery at Lilac Inn by Carolyn Keene
- Twilight: The Graphic Novel Volume 1 by Stephenie Meyer
- Tarantula by Bob Dylan
- The Secret of Shadow Ranch by Carolyn Keene
- The Secret of Red Gate Farm by Carolyn Keene
- Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
- In Odd We Trust by Dean Koontz
- Linchpin by Seth Godin
- Fish! By Stephen Lundin