It’s official. The read-a-thon starts for me in roughly 12 hours (6am) and I am getting very prepared this time. Yesterday I went and bought some easy snacks and meals and drinks.
A few days ago Reading with Tequila posted some amazing tips for a read-a-thon. Even though this is not my first or even second read-a-thon I’m still trying to perfect the process. She also mentions an amazing spreadsheet that I have borrowed to use and track my progress. I think it will work much better than a calculator.
I have a short stack that are books currently in progress – which I most likely won’t read much of because they are heavier books:
Linchpin by Seth Godin (work book club)
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (I also have the audiobook)
Rich Again by Anna Maxted (Early Reviewer)
The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien (also on audiobook)
Here’s the stack I will most likely be reading from tomorrow:
- Four Past Midnight by Stephen King (maybe a couple novellas)
- The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keene
- The Bungalow Mystery by Carolyn Keene
- The Mystery at the Lilac Inn by Carolyn Keene
- The Secret of Shadow Ranch by Carolyn Keene
- The Secret of Red Gate Farm by Carolyn Keene
- The Clue in the Diary by Carolyn Keene
- Nancy’s Mysterious Letter by Carolyn Keene
- The Sign of the Twisted Candles by Carolyn Keene
- Password to Larkspur Lane by Carolyn Keene
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and other writings by Washington Irving (maybe a couple stories)
- Twilight: The Graphic Novel Volume 1 by Stephanie Meyer and Young Kim
- Tarantula by Bob Dylan
- 3rd Degree by James Patterson
I wanted a variety of books, many options and sizes, plus I am severely behind on the Nancy Drew challenge so I thought I this is the perfect opportunity to get reading on them.
The two compilation books have been on my list for quite awhile so I thought this might be a good chance to start on them and read the included stories bits by bits.
I’m missing out on a party tomorrow night and my friends aren’t too thrilled but hopefully I can keep up the energy this time around and stay up the whole time. This will be a challenge being that I need to be at church at 7:15am (no sleep for me until noon).
I’ll be seeing and talking to everyone in 11 hours. Have fun!