Hosted By: Misfit Salon
June 1 – June 30, 2010
The rules are whatever you want to make of them, but here are the guidelines the creator of NaJuReMoNoMo goes by:
1. Must Be A Novel. Works of fiction only, please. Memoirs, non-fiction, how-to books, and Garfield collections don’t count.2. Memoirs Aren’t Novels. No matter how made up the story, anything ostensibly true isn’t a novel. Also known as The James Frey Rule.3. Start and Finish a new novel in June4. Re-reading Doesn’t Count. Try something new. Read something by your favorite author or try an entirely new author or tackle that novel you have always wanted to read.5. Have Fun. Nobody is grading you or paying you or judging you. Read what you like and like what you read.
I am enjoying these challenges very much, they help keep track of my reading, on track, and also gives a sense of accomplishment when you get to complete a challenge each month. I’m continuing with Lucky Number 7 and keep that as a goal for this month as well. I have a lot to read so I anticipate being able to get that easily.
- Immortal in Death by J.D. Robb
- Sign of the Twisted Candles by Carolyn Keene
- Clue of the Broken Locket by Carolyn Keene
- Alex Cross’s Trial by James Patterson
- Sail by James Patterson
- F is for Fugitive by Sue Grafton
- Thank You For Smoking by Christopher Buckley
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
- Everything Counts by Gary Ryan Blair
- The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King
- A Darkness More Than Night by Michael Connelly