Hosted by Callapidder Days
September 22 – December 20, 2010
I always have high high HIGH hopes for this challenge and getting a lot read and I never come through for myself. This is the third year in a row, I think, that I didn’t get all my books read.
I am happy that I got a lot, but my reading definitely slowed down in 2010 and I have many challenges that will go unfinished as I only have a handful of days left to read too many books.
Here’s my original list with the books unfinished crossed off. I am almost finished with The Last of the Mohicans and plan on reading Wuthering Heights before the end of the year. I have a stack of Nancy Drew’s to complete as well so I’m anticipating I should get through this list by Decmber 31.
- I, Alex Cross by James Patterson
- Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich
- Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich
- Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich
- Finger Lickin Fifteen by Janet Evanovich
- Smash Cut by Sandra Brown
- Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews
Four Past Midnight by Stephen King The Bone Collector by Jeffrey Deaver
- Secret Diary of a Call Girl by Anonymous
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
- The Godfather by Mario Puzo
- Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore
Nancy Drew (Carolyn Keene)
- The Mystery of the Ivory Charm
- The Whispering Statue
- The Haunted Bridge
- The Clue of the Tapping Heels
- The Mystery of the Brass Bound Trunk
- The Mystery of the Moss Covered Mansion
- The Quest of the Missing Map
The Clue in the Jewel Box The Secret of the Old Attic The Clue in the Crumbling Wall The Mystery of the Tolling Bell The Clue in the Old Album The Ghost of Blackwood Hall The Clue of the Leaning Chimney
Other Books Not Originally Included:
- David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
- The Message in the Hollow Oak by Carolyn Keene
- Late, Late at Night by Rick Springfield
- Sorry Right Number by Stephen King
- Stationary Bike by Stephen King
- Exploiting Chaos by Jeremy Gutsche
- The Time of My Life by Patrick Swayze and Lisa Niemi
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
- The Walk by Richard Paul Evans
Here are some of the wrap up questions:
- Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along? I stuck to my original goals and didn’t change the list, but I also did reading outside the list that I have included since it was the equivilent of what I should have read.
- What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why? I really loved Breakfast at Tiffany’s and the Stephanie Plum books. They were enjoyable. Tiffany’s was most fun because I was in NY while I read it. My least was probably one of the Nancy Drew’s. They are quick reads but I think I’m ready for a break.
- Did you learn something new because of Fall Into Reading 2010 – something about reading, about yourself, or about a topic you read about? I learned that maybe I shouldn’t pick such a long list and when I do, actually stick to that list for reading and not venture out.
- What was your favorite thing about the challenge? I love getting to choose books in advance and force myself to read books to finish out the year with.
With 10 extra books read not on the list, I still consider this challenge complete! Looking forward to next year already!