Title: Creative Inc
Author: Meg Mateo Ilasco & Joy Deangdeelert Cho
Finished: March 7, 2011
Format: Early Reviewer
Another great Early Reviewer book I’m catching up on.
This was a very interesting read but not quite for my current job status. I don’t know if I’ll ever be at the point of truly going freelance as I enjoy my job too much the way it is, but it was very insightful to read about the process of creating your own business, keep it running, make money and survive on your own.
If you’re looking to branch out and create something new, this is a great book to pick up and read through. It’s pretty quick and fun!
*challenges: off the shelf, new authors challenges, 100+ challenge, a-z challenge, countdown challenge, 11 in 11 challenge
Hosted By: Callapidder Days
March 20 – June 20, 2011
The time has come and past and I’m a few days late getting my list up. We celebrated my birthday this past weekend so I didn’t have much time to finalize my list and somehow (like every year) there are more books that I should have on it.
The list of books I’ve been waiting to read is getting ridiculous so let’s home this list will help me out some.
- Four Past Midnight by Stephen King
- Sense & Sensibility & Sea Monsters by Jane Austen & Ben Winters
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- G is for Gumshoe by Sue Grafton
- The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen
- Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs
- The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
- Ford Country by John Grisham
- Don’t Blink by James Patterson
- Toys by James Patterson
- The Sherlockian by Graham Moore
- Love, Lust & Faking It by Jenny McCarthy
- Spook by Mary Roach
- A Mighty Heart by Marianne Pearl
- Blonde by Joyce Carol Oats
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
- The Hours by Michael Cunningham
- The Blind Assassin by Margaret Attwood
- The Ghost of Blackwood Hall
- The Clue of the Leaning Chimney
- The Secret of the Wooden Lady
- The Clue of the Black Keys
- The Mystery at the Ski Jump
- The Clue of the Velvet Mask
- The Ringmaster’s Secret
- The Scarlet Slipper Mystery
- The Witch Tree Symbol
- The Hidden Window Mystery
For a grand total of 30 BOOKS!
Title: Cougar Club
Author: Susan McBride
Finished: March 6, 2011
Format: Early Reviewer
I figured it was about time I get to some of my old Early Reviewer books and I’m wishing I hadn’t waited so long because two out of the three were really great reads.
Cougar Club tells the story of three friends, each in a different stage in their life, going through midlife experiences and slowly finding their way to true happiness under stressful circumstances. One finds herself out of a job, one feels like her perfect marriage is in trouble, and the third fears she is being replaced by a younger model.
I wasn’t sure where the book was going to go but I enjoyed the journey of the lives of these three women and how they come back together after so long apart and help each other through their struggles. It’s the kind of relationship every girl wishes they had with their friends.
A very quick and fun read. Great for all ages but also a new perspective on life under every circumstance.
*challenges: off the shelf challenge, new authors challenge, 100+ challenge, countdown challenge, tbr challenge, 11 in 11 reading challenge
Title: Naked Heat
Author: Richard Castle
Finished: March 2, 2011
Format: First Edition
I loved the first book so much once I read it, I couldn’t help starting this one as soon as possible so I could find out what would happen next.
In this adventure, Nikki and Rook find themselves both at the crime scene where a famous tabloid reporter has been killed … except Nikki arrives a little late to find her “friend” way ahead of her and full of secrets. Despite her best efforts, Heat can’t avoid Rook for long and soon they are back to their old ways searching for a killer who has more in store for both of them.
I love Nikki and Rook together as much as I love Castle and Beckett and this latest adventure does not disappoint. I love how danger and suspense bring them back together and teaches them that it will take more than high school drama to keep them apart.
I’m hearing there will be another book coming soon. Can’t wait!
*challenges: off the shelf, mystery & suspense challenge, 100+ challenge, a-z challenge, countdown challenge, 11 in 11 challenge