Reading is going smoothly. About to finish another Nancy Drew then I think I’ll start Deja Dead and The Apprentice.
Currently Reading: The Clue of the Leaning Chimney by Carolyn Keene
Books Finished (all): The Adventures of Harold & the Purple Crayon, Les Miserables (Classics Illustrated), David Copperfield (Illustrated Classics), Pride & Prejudice & Zombies: Graphic Novel, The Walking Dead: Days Gone Bye, The Ghost of Blackwood Hall
Pages Read (since last update): 196
Pages Read (Total): 977
Hours Listened: 30 minutes
Total Hours Read: 7 hours, 20 minutes
HALFWAY!!! It’s all quick and easy from here, right? We’ll see
1. What are you reading right now? The Clue of the Leaning Chimney by Carolyn Keene
2. How many books have you read so far? 6 complete, including 4 graphic novels and two children’s books
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I’m looking forward to some murder mysteries – Kathy Reichs, Tess Gerritsen, Sue Grafton and J.D. Robb – hard to make a choice
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Not really. I made an exception and went to a family birthday party, but I’ve had it on my calendar for so long I made sure nothing interrupted it.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Just the birthday party and it was nice to have a late morning break. I was excited to come home
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I’m getting a lot of reading done, reading quick, lots of pages, and so far I haven’t gotten bored.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I think the cheerleading is down this year, but it’s hard to tell … the mini-challenges seem very time consuming and I haven’t participated in many because I want to spend my time reading versus doing projects.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? This is turning out to be my most successful year, so far nothing … the only thing that always gets me is my time zone I have to get up really early to start and then stay up all night, but the morning is almost my most productive time
9. Are you getting tired yet? Yep! I’ve had a few moments of drooping eyes.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? The short and easy books always seem to work. If I read a book longer than 300 pages or too deep I lose momentum pretty early not seeing much progress.