Is it time for another update? I finished two more books so that must mean, YES! Before I get into my stats, here’s the latest challenge, the Mid-Event Survey … I don’t think I even really got this far last year so this is definitely progress.
1. What are you reading right now? Fahrenehit 451 by Ray Bradbury (tired Eats, Shoots and Leaves but I just wasn’t in the mood)
2. How many books have you read so far? 5 from start to finish, and finished 1 other already in progress before today
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Hmmm … I’m not sure. Maybe another James Patterson or some The Fault in Our Stars
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope. Just told the people I talk to the most that I was going to be MIA all day to geek out.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? None at all. YEAH!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? That I’ve made it this far and enjoyed everything I’ve been reading and how much I have finished already
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? There is such a large amount of readers this year I know the cheerleaders are probably having a hard time keeping up. I’m doing good cheering myself along, but hopefully the later hours it will ramp up.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I’m pretty happy this year.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Not really. It’s only 5pm so I’m sure once the sun starts to go down it will get a little more difficult
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? The short, easy reads have definitely made me feel more productive in my reading.
NOW, onto the updates:
- Currently reading: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- Books finished:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
Boxcar Children: Mystery in Washington DC
The Wicked Wit of Jane Austen
My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler
Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson
A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- Running total of pages read: 1,027
- Running total of time spent reading: 10
- Snacks: tea, peanut butter cheerios, pancakes, pizza, Ritz chips
Okay … back to reading. Hope everyone is having fun so far.