Hosted by Genre Challenge
January 1 – December 31, 2010
This challenge is pretty flexible – choose the number of genres you would like to read. My goal is 12 books from the genres listed below.
Hosted by Aarti and Kristen
January 1 – December 31, 2010
This challenge is all about re-reading books. I don’t reread very often, if ever, so I’m looking forward to an excuse to relive the adventures of old books. I will be choosing the Scholar Level – reading 4-6 books evenly through the mini-challenge categories below.
You can sign up for the following levels:
- Bookworm – Up to three books
- Scholar – Four to six books
- Literati – Over six books
Within these levels, there will be mini-challenges! These are:
1. Re-read a favorite book from your childhood
2. Re-read a book assigned to you in high school
3. Re-read a book you loved as an adult
The Chill Baby, Chill Challenge runs from 12/21/09 through 3/19/10 and is being hosted by Book Dragon at Book Dragon’s Lair.
The rules are extremely easy…just read 6 books…they can be anything you want…other challenge books, new books, TBR books, etc. You don’t have to list them early. If you review your books…post a link in the comment section. Then do a wrap-up post in March. That’s all there is to it!!
This challenge seemed pretty simple and it’s always good to have an easy one mixed in. Since I joined late, I will only count books started on or after December 31, 2009.
- Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
- What My Cat Has Taught Me About Life by Niki Anderson
- Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot
- Dear Jane Austen by Patrice Hannon
- Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell
Reading with Tequila created this great challenge where she had bloggers recommend books then created a large list from 2009. Click here
to see the entire 2009 Book Blogger Recommendation List. I am choosing Level IV – Read 20 books
Some of the Rules:
- Chose your own books from the list. You can decide to read books only on the Top 25 list or from the entire recommendation list. You do not have to make a list of books before the challenge begins.
- All forms of books acceptable (audiobooks, eBooks, etc.)
- Rereads do not count towards the completion of the challenge. The challenge is about discovering books that are new to you.
- Reviews, while always appreciated, are not mandatory.
Here is the list of books I would like to read/choose from:
The 3rd Mystery Read-A-Thon will take place
January 16, 2010 to January 17, 2010
The goal is to
read mysteries for 12 hours during those two days
You can find all the details HERE. I’m hoping to join in and complete the 12 hours if not more. I already have a lot of mysteries on my list so this way I can knock quite a few of the Stephanie Plum, Women’s Murder Club, and In Death series books off the list early.
List of books to be read coming soon.
Hosted by Should be Reading
You tell us the answers to 3 questions:
What are you currently reading? Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, the Angel Experiment by James Patterson, and Queen of Bable by Meg Cabot
What did you recently finish? Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
What do you think you’ll read next? Dear Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, From Dead to Worse, and Seven Up
The year is almost over. I have today and tomorrow to finish any books for challenges and my hope is to finish all three I am currently reading before that. Good think the New Years Read-a-Thon kicks off tomorrow at 5pm. Then as soon as midnight hits I am sinking into the good comfort reads I have been dying to get to for some time.